View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:25 AM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

Since I work in a fabric dept I hear a lot of customers talk about quilts. From time to time I hear about quilt tops they have that their mother or grandmother's have made but not finished. One had just found several that her mother and grandmother each had made. She said she knows she has to do something with them and plans to quilt them, but hasn't gotten to them yet.

It just struck me a sad. To know the long hours those women had put into them but never finished for one reason or another. Makes you wonder who they were making them for, why they were never finished, and what else was going on in their lives at the time they were making to quilt tops.

That is one reason that I try to do a writing of the process of each quilt or even wall hanging quilt I am making. My goal is to completely finish each one I start so that whoever I am making them for will have it in hand. If I am making one with no one in mind to receive it I still want to have a write up about it. Maybe even include a bit of what is going on in my life at the time I am quilting.

I like what my Aunt does (DH's Aunt actually). She has a history written up about herself and how she got started quilting, and also does a write up about each quilt.

Just a Monday morning thought that has touched my heart this past weekend while talking with a customer.