View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 08:29 AM
weezie

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Went to the web-site. The stitch regulator is for the grace quilting frame not the Janome machine.
The stitch regulator is not made by Janome, but it is made specifically to work with the Janome 1600P machine. Quilter's Cruise Control is one company, which makes a stitch regulator for nearly every computerized sewing machine made, including Janome, Brother, Viking, Pfaff and others. You must purchase the correct regulator for your machine. There are differences in the internal programming and the plug ends. Grace Co. sells stitch regulators, also. I'm not sure, if Grace makes them themselves or are made by Quilter's Cruise Control and sold by Grace with the Grace name on them. I have one for both my Viking Platinum 755Q and for my Pfaff GrandQuilter Hobby 1200, which is made by Janome and identical to the 1600P.
Thank you. I would like to know if you like the one that you have for your Pfaff GrandQuilter Hobby 1200 ... does it make a notable difference in the ease of quilting? Does it indeed regulate the stitches? As you probably know, the 1600P has 3 speeds ... fast, faster, and even faster, so I would like to have a stitch regulator IF they are reliable.