View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 04:39 PM
tranum

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Quilting is an expensive hobby. I didn't realize *how* expensive when I first started, but now that I am retired I am more aware of it. We are all in very different financial situations, but I thought it might be interesting to share tips and insights about how to quilt in a way that is more budget friendly and also, hopefully, more creative.

Someone started a thread on economical quilting recently that got me started thinking about it. Took me awhile, but this is what I came up with.

The most expensive fabric is the fabric that does not get used. Economical quilting, for me, means using what I have first. It's hard to do because I have so much fabric in my stash that no longer appeals. Sadly, in spite of my stash, I find I still lack backing fabrics and background fabrics. I wish it were easier to find good quality flat sheets, as these would often work well for my needs. Does anyone still sell flat sheets by themselves instead of bundled into sheet sets?

Anyway, I'm just wondering what others' thoughts are on this topic.
I have bought sheet sets for quilting.
The fitted sheet is used in blocks on the top and matching flat sheet for the back.