Old 03-29-2018, 03:24 AM
Kris P

Default Trouble with thread shredding with Ruler foot

Good Morning. I've been asked to demonstrate the new Angela Walters Handiquilter rulers at my local LQS during shop hop in May. So I purchased the Westalee ruler foot, and have been practicing. The problem is, my machine (Janome 6600) keeps skipping stitches, shredding thread, and somehow I end up with a loop of thread through the needle eye when the thread breaks.

I've changed the needle, cleaned the bobbin case and surrounding area, added a spot of oil to the 2 places I've been instructed to oil, changed thread and bobbin thread, rethreaded the machine, tinkered with the tension, adjusted the height of the ruler foot. What am I missing?

I'm very frustrated, as I have used my machine to FMQ for several years, and even use it to teach beginning free motion quilting at the LQS, and have never had this kind of trouble with stitches.( My anxiety is also steadily rising, because I am teaching a fmq class in just a couple weeks..... I need my machine working properly. ) It really isn't time for a spa day for my machine, as I had it in last in November...

Thanks for all your help.
Kris

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-29-2018 at 03:53 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps