View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Bev

Since organizing my quilting room and magazines, I've narrowed my subscriptions down to just two. They are Quiltmaker and American Patchwork & Quilting. Here's the way I did it. Over the years I have had subscriptions to most of the leading ones, and I always put bright post-its sticking out of the tops of the pages on the patterns or articles I am most interested in. Now they are all in those black mag. holders Walmart carries. They're organized by title alphabetically. So when I looked at them all together on the shelves, the ones with the overwhelming number of post-its were the above two. I took some time to look over the issues of those two titles and found that they truly were my favorites. So the others are being dropped as their subscriptions expire. I also went through and took out all the magazines that came before the year 2005. That leaves me with five years of issues left on the bookshelves. I cleared up a lot of space by doing this. I'm also saving a bit of money. I figure I've got enough patterns in those saved magazines to last me the rest of my life. That is, if I live to be two hundred.