View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 07:12 AM
Miles of Beach

Default Mid-Arm Sit Down Quilting Machines

I have done a ton of research on mid-arm sit down quilting machines and I finally made my decision to “rip the band-aid off” and buy one. After 6 months of research I finally chose the Grace Q’nique 15SD. It is on order through my local sewing machine store and should arrive in a week. When I first started looking to buy I went to my dealer who mostly sells Brother, Baby Lock, and Janome brands, however they were looking to expand into Viking too. I asked about the Q’nique and they didn’t know too much about it. My dealer recently went to a convention and had the opportunity to review the machine and came back with rave reviews for me and are now featuring the Grace machines in their store. They gave me and excellent competitive price along with a 3 year extended warranty with their store to do any repairs right there if needed and classes on how to use the machine and and extra bobbins, needles, and an extra bobbin case. I’m very excited to get this machine. The reasons I wanted a sit-down model is space, configuration, ease of use, no stress on my back or legs from standing up and mostly I like the tactile feel of free motion by moving the quilt instead of a machine.

Question: Does anyone else have comments on their experience with a sit-down model?