View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 04:34 AM
Conchalea

Originally Posted by squinting View Post
Can I join? I haven't bought anything since early 2017, and hope to continue the streak for as long as possible. I built up a good-sized stash a few year back and have been working my way though it. I might need to get some backing once I finish a few things, though!
I joined late, so come aboard & join us!
Yesterday I started cutting & piecing blocks for a Garden Lattice quilt. I first saw the quilt on this board & it piqued my interest. I had some FQ bundles with a few pieces that I couldn’t imagine being useful. Then someone posted a statement that even ugly fabrics can be useful if cut small enough. I took that to heart & found that 1 FQ will make 20 4.5” squares & the “in your face” look of that fabric has been muted. I’m using the squares as my centers & some other pieces as the color borders. Eight blocks are fully cut out & 6 of those are pieced & pressed. Every bit of this quilt, except perhaps the back, will be from stash. I also made 2 mug rugs from stash this weekend. This sewing frenzy helped dull the pain of my lovely Harley going into the shop for repairs. I can’t ride in our gorgeous spring weather, so I’m sewing.