View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Nannie4

Several months ago I requested help with making a quilt out of 5 inch pieces of fabric and notes that had been given to me at my retirement reception by co-workers, friends and family. I received several very good suggestions. I have finally completed the quilt and have it hanging over the couch in my living room. For the notes that would fit in the 5-inch squares, I made pockets, laminated the notes, inserted them into the pockets and secured with a small piece of velcro. Several squares were full-size squares so I just used them as a full square. Other notes were odd sized so I improvised those squares to fit the need. The quilt is hanging on a slat(?) from my Grandmother's quilting frames. And a very dear friend of mine made the brackets. I made a square with the information of my Retirement Reception and stating where the squares and pieces had come from. It's located on the bottom row. I also put pockets on the back that hold any cards that were given to me along with the original squares that I copied onto printable fabric. All four of my grandchildren did an original block for the quilt. It is certainly a one of a kind and I will treasure every piece that was given to me by people who took the time to be a part of the finished product. I wanted to share it with those who offered suggestions.

My husband attaching the brackets to the wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8370[/ATTACH]

Me, standing by the quilt after hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8371[/ATTACH]

A closer view of the pockets that hold the notes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8372[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-8370.jpe   attachment-8371.jpe   attachment-8372.jpe