View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 03:25 PM
bkay

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
A Singer 15K88 has been offered to me but the motor doesn't work and wiring is shot- they told me it has a belt that needs to be replaced, too. Going back a few months, I rescued a Cinderella sewing machine and the foot pedal/wiring was replaced. So I don't need the 15K88 as another big project. However, I also have a 15-91 that has a striated face plate. Would the scroll face plate from the 15K88 fit the 15-91? I am thinking it would but have searched the web with no definitive answer.
I would do it if I wanted to. Don't forget that round plate on the rear.

There are thousands of these repairable machines being trashed/recycled every day. No one wants them. Not many people sew anymore. Many who do sew want the newest, latest, fastest, most decorative stitching machine they can find. They thread themselves, they cut the thread when you stop, leave the needle down or up, whichever you choose and remember your favorite recipes. Who can blame them?

If you want to use one to decorate your 15-91, I say go for it. There's not much demand for a 15-88.

Of course, I'm one of those heathen beings who would buy a red featherweight if they weren't so expensive.

bkay