Old 02-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Miss Mona

I have shelving in my sewing area (ceiling 11 foot high)shelves 2 foot deep and 12 feet long. Full. My garage has storage on 3 sides next to the ceiling. 3 foot deep and 3 foot high times 24 feet (that's 72 lineal feet). Cabinets (12) along 2 sides, 18" deep by 2 footwide by 6" tall, plus scattered boxes throughout the house. The fabric store I worked at closed. My husband said thank goodness, he didn't want to move out.

In the meantime we moved and I took about 6 packed SUV's to the local organizations. My husband built in shelving for me in the basement and I was told if it didn't fit get rid of it. It is now 2 years later and about 20 quilts and I am still full. I have bought nothing for 2 years. I could probably make another 200 quilts and still have fabric.

I said 'No More' when my store closed and I realized what I had. But, I love my stash and am enjoying making quilts and sharing my fabric with other quilting friends. When I die I told my husband to call my quilting friends and they can help themselves.