View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Rose_P

I also want to point out that assembling the Alex units was something I was able to do without any real difficulty. The box they come in weighs 62 pounds, and DH was at the golf course when I got home with them, impatient to get started. I opened them in the car and carried the pieces upstairs a few at a time. Assembly is always a little more complicated than necessary because they use pictures without any words, but the pictures are very accurate. If the parts were labeled "Top", "Back", "This side up", etc. it would have saved me a lot of time, but they would have to do all that in multiple languages, and that cost would be passed on to us, I suppose. The first one took me an hour and a half, and the second one took only an hour, so there's a learning curve because of having to figure out what's what. Start by counting and organizing all the parts. Put your little things in a bin so they don't get away from you, and try to establish a routine immediately about where you set down your screwdriver so that you don't waste time searching.