View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Judith1005

Thanks ladies. I'm so glad your joining me. I know we have a lot of swaps running right now with the same dates. I wanted to stall this one a little. But, then we would have been past July 4th. At least keeping the blocks the same size, you could technically be pre-working your sashing options if you wanted to.

I too have a stash of Red, White, and Blue fabrics. Can't wait to get started. Todays the last day I'm allowing myself a peruse through the magazines. I'm almost ready to decide on the blocks I want to make. I already have two Red, White and Blue patchwork quilts that we use on our beds all the time. My DH's and mine, and one on DS's bed. Mine is getting a bit worn. As, I have used it a lot. I also need to make a repair to it as my mother's dog put a tear in one of the blocks. I'm just going to applique a heart over it.

Although, I'm thinking that this quilt needs to go to DD and DSIL. (DSIL was just deployed to Afghanistan for the next 4 months. Hopefully, that will be all. (He is in the National Guard. He started in the Air Force and when his time was up, He shifted to the National Guard.) I will be praying hard for his safe return to DD and grands.