Old 04-10-2018, 03:06 PM
Jane Quilter

Originally Posted by sherry mcd
This is the cutest quilt ever! Did you use stablizer on the back of every little piece? Your work is lovely.
First I drew a picture with a blue water soluble pen on quilters cotton muslin. Then I put a thin, thin, batting (quilters dream - "request"), behind the cotton muslin so i had a base to embroider on, then I painters taped this to a plastic surface and brushed on textile medium and let dry. Next I painted with derwent inktense pencils or blocks. Then I used textile medium, instead of water, to blend the colors, so it was never wet enough to really need the plastic table protector. I let dry, then heat set the picture with a hot iron. When set, I added square charms, another thin layer of batting, a fat qtr for backing, stippled it on my DSM, and assembled via a QAYG technique.

Some people use a thin stabilizer to embroider, I am not successful with that and so I use a thin batting. I had hoped the double batting would give the picture a fluffy , trupunto, look, but it was hardly noticeable, if at all.

Thanks for asking......Jane