View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 07:34 PM
SewingSew

For anyone who is interested in what the Roku/Craftsy experience is like, there is minimal user control within the app. I was unable to do much more than press play. There is no choice as to what chapter of a program you are watching. Anything involving your account is still handled through your computer, which is a good thing. There is a search button. Just like Netflix or HuluPlus, there is section called "recently watched". There is a section displaying your saved list, and a section for their suggestions for you based on things you have previously viewed. When you watch a class, it is as though you are watching a video, and there no way to skip ahead to a specific chapter. If you would like for Roku to mimick the Craftsy computer experience, you are out of luck. For what it is, it is nice to be able to watch classes on television, but it is not feature-rich. It is difficult to rewind and fast-forward, and as Donna mentioned, you have to subscribe to Craftsy unlimited to use it. Hopefully Craftsy will make it more user-friendly as time goes on. I love that I can watch this on my tv. There is room for improvement. I like that it is an option to watch through my Roku, but my preference would be to still use my computer most of the time.