Old 04-12-2018, 05:02 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by Trisher View Post
We, here in Manitoba, are wearing hockey jerseys or green and yellow for Humbolt today too...

A kilt would be a good idea but they are not easy to make!
Real kilts use anywhere from 8-12 yds of wool/wool blend. And the pattern companies (at least US) are not making a new pattern so you end up buying on eBay and it's about $11-15 for a used pattern! My son wanted one for birthday and I ended up buying a wool/acrylic blend via the internet from a company in Scotland for $80--figured that was a lot less than 12 yd of wool!

Can you get your hands on some Haiwaiian print for a "South Seas" shirt? I'd maybe be looking for some hats--i.e. like the round pointy ones you saw on VN farmers and he could wear with "scrubs"; or a flat brimmed cowboy hat like the gauchos of Argentina wear and then wear with jeans and a buttoned up shirt and string tie & boots; or a robe like the men wear in the Middle East. Or a saddle blanket made into a poncho with a cowboy hat for Central America. Or if he has tall boots, he could tuck his widest legged pants into the boots and wear a loose button up shirt or one that pulls over like a tunic and then you can fashion a round hat like we;ve seen worn by Russian Cossacks.