Old 04-16-2018, 05:51 AM
SillySusan

[QUOTE=mhollifiel;8041489]
Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
Another one of my June Taylor Shape Cut thingies just broke. I picked it up wrong, I guess, and it broke off at the 12" slot. It isn't the first one that did it. Sometimes they broke because it was cut bit-by-bit by the rotary blade. They are so flimsy and I have to be careful to keep the squares from getting wonky. I promise I won't buy another one, but cutting without the slots, the rotary blade takes different directions on me. Talk about wonky. Sometimes I end up in a different neighborbood.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated.[/QUOTE

In my little "herd" of JT Shape Cutters, there are several repaired babies. I live in two places so this is why I own so many of these darlings! My hint has nothing to do with the repairs. Great suggestions are already given. My tip is about keeping the ruler still while you cut. Go (or send DH) to a hardware store to purchase two of these spring clamps. https://www.homedepot.com/p/BESSEY-1...FYcuaQoda7EBdA They should have plastic guards and they come in various sizes. I have huge ones but I think I will invest in a set of the smaller ones to try out. My bad boy clamps hold the bottom ends of the ruler to my cutting mat. I let it hang off the edge of my table a wee bit to do this. Boy, do they work. In between cutting, one of these clamps holds a large plastic ziplock baggie for my growing strip collection to the leg brace on the corner of my cutting table.
Great idea! The clamps should keep the blocks from going wonky also! I'm on my way to Home Depot today to get some. Thanks so much!