Old 04-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

I agree about using the Slidelock on top of a mat when cutting strips. I also will place it on top of a ruler if I am cutting with a ruler. It really works to stop slippage, and it keeps my ruler hand out of the way of the cutter.

Regarding the Stripology, I think it's important to note there are two versions. I have the earlier version, which is the large rectangle. My gripe about this mat is that they made the slots too short, so it will often not cut strips all the way to the end of the selvedges. Major design flaw, in my opinion. Their newer ruler is the Stripology Squared. With this one they had the sense to make the slots longer; however, it is a smaller mat so there are fewer slots for cutting. If you can only get one, I would recommend the Squared version. I find all of the Creative Grids rulers to be visually confusing compared to others, though. My brain gets dizzy just looking at all of their markings. Most people love them, though.

All of my JT mats are old and they are all still going strong. I have not had any issues with them at all -- no breakage, no nicks in the slots, nada. Have to admit I am a slow quilter and really never rush myself, probably contributing to me not being prolific. However, maybe there is an upside to that.

Last edited by Prism99; 04-16-2018 at 11:04 AM.