View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 05:22 PM
lots2do

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly View Post
My DH said I have to move my cutting table out of the loft and into my sewing/family recordkeeping/guest attic room. I spent the day yesterday moving furniture into multiple configurations trying desperately to open up a spot. Part of the problem is I can’t say ‘no’ to family pieces. So when one of my sisters passed away, I took her antique trunk. It’s big. At least it has a flat top. Another sister insisted I take Mom’s Victorian folding rocker chair. At least it folds. And then instead of pressing on my table top ironing board, another sister gave me her old and very cool folding seat/step stool/ironing board. Hey, at least I can use it to change ceiling light bulbs. And I can’t move the futon out of the room......it’s where guests sleep all cozy and warm in the middle of my UFOs. At least it’s a good place for my constant companion, Jackson, to snooze while I sew. I think the least smart thing I took was my sister’s sofa table last month. I visualized it in front of the window with houseplants. Unfortunately, that is where my desk/sewing machine table sat. But, hey, at least I can move my iMac off my desk and onto the sofa table. Now where oh where to put the cutting table?
Phew, I'm exhausted just reading all of that. Good luck!