View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 04:36 AM
Sheep Farmer

Cool Controlled Scrappy Quilt [Stash Buster]

I grabbed my hefty bag of scraps, bits 'n pieces and started sewing them together. I figured I could use up All of my scraps.

Ha!

I don't think I even made a dent in the scrap pile! What's up with that!?!

I did not use any foundation for the blocks; however, I had some old adding machine tape laying around and used it to sew pieces for the border. That was a huge help when it came time to trimming since I didn't have to worry about measuring! The adding machine tape was already 2-inches.

I used my Hanging Gardens pattern (from Cozy Quilt Designs) for the layout. I had to do some math (ouch) for the setting triangles since my 7-inch scrappy blocks were smaller than what the pattern calls for.

I really, really enjoyed sewing all the bits 'n pieces together to make the blocks. It was very relaxing sewing. I ended up making about 50 blocks very quickly. Just a bit disheartening to make that many blocks and look down at the pile of scrap and realize that there is just as much scrap fabric as when I started . . . maybe more!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593126[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 01scrappy.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-18-2018 at 05:26 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps