Old 04-18-2018, 04:55 AM
RotaryQueen

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
Like puppies, if you go looking, you're bound to come home with one soon.

bkay
How ironic! I am missing my dogs like crazy and can't find an acceptable dog to adopt, but VSM seem to appear on my doorstep even when I force myself to stop looking! SoCal is a hard place to find a good herding breed dog (Aussies seem to be all the rage), but cheap sewing machines pop up all the time on CL. My sister and my best friend both caught the addiction from me and are major enablers. We found a singer 27/28 handcrank (won't know which until I measure the bed) for $22 that we are picking up this weekend.
My habit now is to wait a week to give someone else a chance before I jump in on a good deal. I also tell myself it must have manual and accessories and be on my don't have list.
Following those rules I still ended up with a two tone green New Home for $23 off CL. I felt like a drug dealer when I met her in a mall parking lot to transfer the goods from her trunk to mine! Can VSMs be classified as drugs? Looking at one increases my heart rate and empties my wallet! And I feel guilty when someone asks how many I have as I try to cover up the extent of my habit ;-)
Oh yes! And to answer the question, I had 15 when I first said no more. Now it's 22.

Last edited by RotaryQueen; 04-18-2018 at 04:58 AM.