Old 04-19-2018, 10:05 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Several of us that did the original trail trip are still on aboard here. PM me for any questions about FW1930. You do not need to order any templates to make the quilt. The CD lets you print out the templates or paper piecing info. I did both on Carol Doak' paper piecing paper. For the templates, most of us used the light cardboard packages at Wal Mart and glued on the templates with cement glue. I kept everything organized by using a two inch large notebook with plastic pouches arranged by the number of the block. Putting in the printed pages of template + paper piecing first, then cutting out the next twenty or so templates, gluing onto light cardboard, letting them dry several hours, then carefully cutting them out with paper scissors. With a small paper punch, I punched holes where the sew lines crossed one another and marked them as I traced them onto the fabric. I marked with colored pens, 'cause none of the markings will show up when the blocks are sewn together. Again on each step, I stored them in the plastic cover in the notebook.

Hope this experienced advice helps you to get started on the 'right foot'. Enjoy each step and the final results. I can hardly wait to see your blocks and quilt.