Thread: Inklingo
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 03:27 PM
roguequilter

i am a member of the inklingo site. i love all she does. if you have any issues she will answer your emails & help you. i was taught to use hidden stitch, aka ladder stitch, by my grmother who taught me to sew. at that time it was for hemming only for my clothes. but i also now use it for bindings, applique and pp. you don't see the stitches. more time consuming than whip stitch, but i now agree with what gramma told me, repeatedly , stitches are not meant to be seen! i joined linda franz's site because i want to do the patchwork of the crosses, but really haven't had time to start yet. but i did finish another machine pieced quilt top recently, got the water lines pressurized, garden started ..and after return from helping my Grand Treasures celebrate their birthdays ..i'll be able to stay inside and quilt the recently completed top for a friend. then ... i hope to start my patchwork of the crosses.
i have used doubled freezer paper for templates and it's great. makes nice sturdy templates that hold up well.
also, in the interim, i've done more reading on lucy boston ..she sounds like a most fascinating person!