View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 06:20 AM
rryder

Today I am going to tackle the studio where I keep my big cutting table. I’m not sure what to do in there- the main problem is that Iuse it for too many different things. My jewelry bench, metals, semi precious stones etc. and all tools (except for my oxyacetylene torch) are in there against a wall that also has the desk where I keep my Sizzix Big Shot Pro and a bookcase with doors that holds various glues and chemicals. Another wall is all windows and that is used for a small table holding a toaster oven (for polymer clay) and all my sketchbooks, a long table that holds my encaustic tools and a cedar trunk that contains my lace and silk collections- it stays closed and the top surface is used to hold encaustic supplies. The next wall has a small shallow closet that is used to store items that I use infrequently and a series of bookcases that hold all my drawing, painting and printmaking supplies. The final wall has a door right in the middle- on one side are two drawer carts holding more supplies and some small finished artworks, the other side holds a rack that has my tool boxes, stero equipment and another drawer cart with hardware.

The center of the room is taken up with my big cutting table, my drawing table that is butted up against it and a large metal cart that holds archival boxes of finished drawings on two shelves and all my art paper on another shelf. The top of this cart is a nice work surface that I use along with the drawing and cutting table when painting fabric.

I used to have all the jewelry stuff in our detached garage, but several years ago it was broken into and some tools were stolen. At that point I moved all the valuable materials and my jewelry tools into the house.

Wish me luck...

Rob