View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 07:03 AM
kristakz

I was on a retreat this past weekend, and took 4 projects with me to finish. But when I started to work on the first one, I realized that I had cut the fabric wrong, and didn't take any extra with me. And that was true of 2 projects (2 versions of one quilt). I thought all was lost - but a fellow quilter hadn't left town yet and was, conveniently, standing in the quilting store where my fabric resides. So I asked her to bring me 1/2 yard of the black & white fabrics I needed, and she graciously obliged. So, a bit of fabric purchased, but used almost immediately, and my retreat plans were saved. Two tops done. The project was a mystery quilt from the PEI (Prince Edward Island) Modern Quilt Guild. I did one with a light background, then decided I wanted to see it with a dark background too, so I did the mystery twice. Slightly different layouts for each - the mystery actually offered 4 layouts/sizes, and I tweaked two of them to come up with these. Once I get them quilted, they'll be donated to Victoria's Quilts.

Not quite a fall off the wagon - and since I didn't do the shopping myself, no risk of additional purchases

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593590[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]593591[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p4241393.jpg   p4241392.jpg