View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 11:34 PM
Feather3

You asked, so don't shoot me.....I'm meticulous when it comes to matching up points. This would drive me nuts. But that's me. My first quilt was a Lone Star kit. I had hundreds of little diamonds to sew together & match points. I did a lot of ripping before I got them all right. The more you do, the better you get at it, the easier it gets.

If you haven't trimmed off any of the points after you stitched, you could rip them out & try again. I would suggest you take your time. Slow & easy wins the race when it comes to many detailed quilts. I would suggest you mark your points at 1/4 inch & pin before sewing. I like to use a white chalk pencil. Some of the colored chalks may not wash out. Use a walking foot if you have one. When sewing on the bias it often stretches, so the walking foot will help. Let the machine do the work, do not pull on the fabric. Instead press down on the fabric & let it feed thru the machine. Do a test sew & make sure the needle enters the fabric at the 1/4 inch mark or scant 1/4 inch. Accurate seams are a must when piecing. Use a seam guide.

When working with fabric that will have bias edges it helps to starch it before cutting & sewing. You can still starch & Press, not iron, your pieces. Pressing is just setting the iron down, picking it up & moving it & setting it down. Ironing is moving it across the fabric. That can stretch it. Pressing retains the shape.

Love your color choices. It's going to be very pretty.

Best wishes.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-26-2018 at 02:31 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps