View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 04:17 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by adamae View Post
It is how my mother quilted and how I still quilt bed size quilts. Recently, because I live alone,I discovered how to rollup the sandwiched quilt without help from someone or losing the tautness, This is providing I started on one end of the quilt. I use another board and two more C clamps. I do not undo any of the corner C clamps but add this new board mid section or the position I want to roll to, then fasten with C clamps, then loosen the area corner clamps on the quilted end and rollup and secure again. then remove pins on the sides enough to roll. Roll up and tighten up again. I can either remove the center board since all four corners are secure or leave it depending on how much space I have left myself to quilt. It is so nice to be able to do this unassisted. I am blessed to have large rooms with tall ceilings to set up a frame like this in an old Victorian house.
Bless you for teaching me how to roll my quilt without help. I'm alone now, too, and when I did my last quilt last month, I nailed whoever was handy to help me do the rolling when I was "ready to roll". (I would say that this job is where that saying came from.)
My tenant from upstairs, my granddaughter and even the piano tuner were put into action. Now I know how to do it myself. Thanks.