View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 04:22 AM
Conchalea

Like Tartan, I count a block as 2 triangles sewn into approximately an 8 X 8” square. My final quilt size will be determined by the number of triangles I was able to cut from my navy fabric. It was left from a baby quilt I made about 4 years ago. I cut 110 full triangles & with some careful piecing I managed to get 2 more for 112. From these I’ll get 56 blocks, so my quilt will be 7 blocks X 8. I haven’t been quilting much in the last few years, having spent crafting time knitting & crocheting, so I didn’t have too many strings to start this project. Instead, I raided my container of strips left-over from other sewing projects. So my triangles have some wider strips than those of you with many strings collected. I have 3 more blocks to make, & my problem now is I’m almost out of pieces long enough to make a full strip. My scrap container looks even fuller than when I started, but most are now short pieces. I have 6 triangles left to find strips to fit, then I can start laying out the blocks & rearranging them into a pleasing pattern of colors.