Old 02-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Miss Mona
I have shelving in my sewing area (ceiling 11 foot high)shelves 2 foot deep and 12 feet long. Full. My garage has storage on 3 sides next to the ceiling. 3 foot deep and 3 foot high times 24 feet (that's 72 lineal feet). Cabinets (12) along 2 sides, 18" deep by 2 footwide by 6" tall, plus scattered boxes throughout the house. The fabric store I worked at closed. My husband said thank goodness, he didn't want to move out.

In the meantime we moved and I took about 6 packed SUV's to the local organizations. My husband built in shelving for me in the basement and I was told if it didn't fit get rid of it. It is now 2 years later and about 20 quilts and I am still full. I have bought nothing for 2 years. I could probably make another 200 quilts and still have fabric.

I said 'No More' when my store closed and I realized what I had. But, I love my stash and am enjoying making quilts and sharing my fabric with other quilting friends. When I die I told my husband to call my quilting friends and they can help themselves.
woweee! you found the keys to the kingdom.
um, better not tell your quilting friends they get your stash when your gone, lol! :wink: