View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 10:29 AM
rryder

Originally Posted by Bobbinalong View Post
"What does vintage mean?" my young granddaughter asked her dad...... "Well, something old" he replied. "Oh, like Grandma" says she.

On another occasion, I was telling her that there was a time when the only phone we had was not only in the house, but connected to the wall. "Did that mean that you had to stay in all the time?" she asked. Clearly it would be just awful for the modern youngster to miss a phone call wouldn't it?

I nearly spit my coffee all over my ipad when I read this! LOL.... Tell her thta not only did we have to stay in,but we had to stay in the kitchen because thatks where the phone was, and also we had to ask our folks for permission to make a phone call......love this thread....

we had an old phone in the barn where we kept the horses up until about 10 years ago and of course, it wasn’t digital. One day one of the then teenaged barn kids came and asked me how to get the phone to work. He had been pushing on the numbers on the dial, but they weren’t doing anything....He was astounded when I showed him how to “dial” a number!

Rob