View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 06:05 AM
Barb in Louisiana

You've gotten such good advice here. For me, single color, more of an outline design, sometimes called redwork (can be any color) works the best. You center the area you want to quilt. The next step is to hoop or tape or pin your quilt to the embroidery frame. Next do the embroidery, making sure you support the quilt so that the embroidery frame can move freely and pulling up the thread from the bottom as you start the embroidery. I start from the center out. If you start on one side, everything will shift no matter what you do. If you want some more elaborate embroidery, then perhaps you want to think about adding the full backing after you have finished all the embroidery and do a stitch in the ditch to anchor the backing to the completed front.

Practice the design(s) at least once so you can see any problems that might develop. I look forward to seeing your end results. fyi....my friend uses her embroidery machine for baby quilts all the time. She does little teddy bear outlines, stars, horses..just whatever theme she wants with her piecing. It looks good.