View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 11:13 AM
rryder

Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
Thanks for the encouragement! I went back to the scraps and cut 6" squares also...

As for the books, I have shelves of old Agatha Christie paperbacks. Not as literary as Faulkner, but I can't get rid of them. I haven't reread any of them for years but no one would want them... old paperbacks... and how can I just throw them away?!
Some folks in our neighborhood built something called a "little free library". It's a weatherproof box with a plexiglass door mounted on a post that is planted in their front yard near the sidewalk. Anyone who wants can come take a book out of it to read. No need to return the books, people are always putting new ones in it. Maybe you could do something similar with your Agatha Christie paperbacks if you decide you want to re-home them. It may be that they would be welcome at some of the thrift stores around your area as well.

I am finding it easier to let go of both hardbacks and paperbacks these days because I've developed arthritis and/or carpal tunnel in both hands and find it painful to try and hold a book open to read. Now I do most of my reading either on my kindle e-reader or on my iPad.

Off to find something to throw away, donate, or sell today....

Rob