View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 10:05 PM
Rose_P

It seems to me the board is most helpful when people post questions about a particular problem they're having and ask what to do. There are always people who are willing to share their methods and resources or say what works for them. I often search the board for ideas. When people mention a technique that requires a special gadget, ruler, presser foot or whatever, I quite often go to youtube and see what demos are available before I buy. I have learned a lot that way. I have also signed up for a few Craftsy classes teaching whatever I'm hoping to learn. Several of those are helpful, and they're always available to review. The instructors will answer students' questions, and there's usually printable course material. I have a long way to go, but feel that since we have had Internet the ability to learn from each other is vastly better than it's ever been before. We have at our fingertips resources that the typical library of 30 years ago could not begin to offer. Back then if you lived in an average size town the chances were pretty slim that your library or bookstore had more than a half dozen useful books on quilting. Your best hope would have been to find a few people nearby to share your interest. Here we have literally thousands of great brains to pick.