View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:52 PM
ConnieF

Hello NCMtnHigh,
My husband came in just as I was reading this. I asked what he thought. No Hand tying they need to be quilted. I agree with Shelbie they should be machine quilted. If you did hand quilting would be nice, but for lasting a good long time they do need to be machine quilted and good cotton batting like warm and natural. And the label is a must for the kids to remember and pass on down the way. A photo of the quilts and a letter to each of the kids to have put away would be nice too beside the label. They are so precious. The one and only of a few quilt my grandmother mad mand pieced and hand quilted that didnt burn in the fire my mother used as a cover over a matress for years. Has holes and ver worn but I love it... Wish I would of year before realized what a treasure it was, but as I got into quilting years later I finall talked my mother out of it . It was one my dads mom had made. She has been gone for years and my dad a few years so I love looking at it and remembering. Pleas Quilt those for they will last longer.
ConnieF