View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:09 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisanne

However, when I start a thread, I try to acknowledge every reply. Then I worry that I'm overdoing it and should back off and let people talk to each other without me commenting on every post.
I feel this too Lisa! (sorry to edit you BTW!) When I get lots of nice comments if I post a quilt for example, I appreciate every single one and want to thank each person individually but that would soon get very long and I suspect boring for ppl checking in to find me saying 'thanks' to someone who just said 'nice quilt'! So in general I only respond to specific questions or comments and put in a general 'thanks everyone' now and then. I hope this doesn't make ppl feel ignored if I haven't responded specifically to their comment.

Some threads very quickly run to several pages and I try to at least skip read every one before asking a question, in case it's already been discussed but sometimes it's just not possible. We have so many members now and are such an active board, I guess we're victims of our own success! :-D