Thread: My French Braid
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:22 AM
katier825

Originally Posted by JanetM
I love your quilt Shadow Dancer. I recently bought the book French Braid Quilts by Jane Miller because I would like to make one of these for my bed.

I am a bit fearful of trying to find so many fabrics that will blend from dark to light. Was it hard to choose your fabrics? This pattern really demands good fabric choices to get a good result. Your choices look perfect to me. I think this particular pattern looks like an art quilt...truly stunning.

You say it went together quickly which encourages me to take on this challenge. Thank you for sharing it with us.
A hint on choosing colors ~ if you can, take pics when you line up the fabrics and look at them on the computer. I found it easier to weed out the ones that didn't look right that way. Also, if you can, leave them out on a table or design board and keep staring at them! It helps! :)

I've got one in the works. I have the braids and separator strips assembled, but not the top assembled (I'm thinking of quilting in sections and in the process of planning it out first). It does go together very quickly! I hope to post pics of mine soon. :)

Love your quilt Shadowdancer!