View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 09:09 AM
soccertxi

Hi Anita...and congrats on finishing your quilt! You Rock! you have asked a question that will get a different question from every quilter you ask. We all cut our binding to what works for us. I would suggest sewing your binding to the quilt , then trim (maybe just a part of a side) to 1/2 an inch. See if your binding will cover that amount and the seam line. The aim is a binding that covers the seam and is totally filled with batting. If this is too fat/won't cover the seam line/ too bulky/you don't like what it looks like, you can trim down a bit more till you are happy. Then trim the whole quilt. I hope this makes sense. You will get lots of ideas...and they will all work, but pick what works for You! (I usually sew my binding on while the quilt is still on my frame...and I cut mine at 2 inches...I think I am lonely over here at the 2 inches!) I hope this helps.

PS my DS and his family live in Methuen Mass...right on the NH border! I will wave next time I visit...

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-21-2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps