View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 01:05 PM
ILoveToQuilt

soccertxi: you were correct; everyone has their own style of binding a quilt! I did learn a lot and will attempt to tackle the binding either tonight or tomorrow. This is now what I plan: baste around perimeter of quilt, cut all layers flush, add binding to front, stitch with machine, fold to back, stitch by hand.

Just so all of you know...I am not new to quilting by any means. I have been piecing tops (and the occasional finished quilt) for at least 25 years! I just hate, hate, hate, sandwiching, quilting (I have a very small throated DSM and 2 Featherweights-which I have never tried to quilt on, only piece) and binding my quilts. I must say, I make very nice tops! LOL This is why I have numerous PhD's (projects half done) in my family! To be honest, I've never gotten the knack of binding, for some reason, I just would put the binding on and stitch both sides through the top with the seam showing. Looked awful, but I could never wrap my mind around how to do a binding correctly. I know, I know...for some reason, lately, the proper technique has clicked.

Thanks again everyone!

soccertxi: I am not far from Methuen, about an hour by car. I am more towards the central Mass. border. I promise, I'll wave back when you are up visiting!