Old 05-02-2018, 06:23 AM
I'm unwound

Default Rocketeer needle and pattern selector problems

I bought a Rocketeer in 2015 on E-bay. To the best of my memory, I was pleased with the way it sewed when I received it and there were no problems. I put it away and just got it out again this past week-end, and cleaned and oiled. During the cleaning/oiling process, I removed the needle. When I replaced it, I noticed that it will not stay centered in the needle bar. As I tighten the needle clamp screw, it pushes the needle to the left until it is over the presser foot. I am inserting needle with flat side to back as instructed in manual. I tried the needle that came with it and tried 2 other needles with no change. I removed the needle clamp and looked up in the needle bar, but I didn't see any obvious cause. I also moved the needle position selector from side to side, but the needle only moved slightly. An additional problem, but I believe, related, is that the pattern selector knobs will not move. I noticed there is a screw on the back of the machine and when I push in the outer pattern knob, the screw moves out then back in when I release. Is this standard?? Any in-sights or ideas would be greatly appreciated. This has me stumped!!