View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 09:33 AM
selm

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
I've found that when I make quilts because I want to give them or donate them I really enjoy the process. When I've made quilts that someone has asked me to make, then I fight every step of the way - the seams don't want to match, the colors don't go together, the quilting is difficult, I can't decide on a backing fabric, etc. etc. If I'm going to battle a quilt all the way through, then they better pay me a ton of money.
I know what you mean exactly. I had a part-time quilting business and found that when I was quilting for a customer I swear, I had more problems with everything(tension, etc). On my own quilts I hardly ever have those problems. I finally decided I was putting too much pressure on myself that lead to many errors so stopped the business. Wasn't worth it to me in the long run.
I'm hoping the pressure was because of their expectations and the pressure of performing for pay. I have a quilt coming up that has been requested by a family member but don't think I'll experience that pressure.