View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 12:42 PM
rryder

Thats-it-I-quilt- Your space looks great!!!

I've spent the last several days doing yard work also. Put in a new 3'x6' raised bed to hold more veggies. Still have another 3'x3' raised bed to add as well, but I need to shift an existing raised bed slightly to accommodate the new 3'x3', so that's on hold for the moment, just too hot to do much today. Monday we put more tomatoes, peppers, okra and eggplants in. Still have some baby chili peppers that are not quite ready for transplanting, and haven't put the cucumbers or beans in yet.

I also bailed all the water out of our teeny tiny pond, removed the excess sludge and leaves, then divided the water iris, moved some other plants around, pulled the pump/filter out of the pond and took it apart and cleaned it (in the buckets of pond water) cleaned the impeller, etc. then put it all back together and back in the pond hooked up to the spitter, put all the water back in (minus the excess sludge) and topped it up. Everything is now working great! Already have lots of lily pads since we had a pond heater in there, so they got a head start this year. Last night we heard the male Copse Grey Tree Frogs gathering down there chirping away trying to entice some females, so we should have tadpoles in a couple of months time.

Frankly, after doing all that, I was quite surprised to wake up this morning and actually be able to move LOL!

Now I need to get back to my decluttering mission. Time to go look for something to throw away, donate or sell...

Wish me luck...

Rob