View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Jaxinwv

Default Help with Sewing Cabinet Operation

I am new to the site. Found you looking for help with sewing machine and cabinet issues. I just inherited a Minnesota C treadle with a cabinet. When I received them, the machine was outside of the cabinet. The machine will work as far as I can tell except no bobbin in the shuttle. So, I have a few feelers out for that and will take any suggestions from anyone here as to where to find them.

As for the cabinet, the top right drawer handle is in the drawer, easy enough to fix, and some delaminating on the back side of the top. What I really need help with is getting the top to open. It’s stuck after lifting about3 inches. I don’t want to yank on it and break something. There is a chain of sorts that looks like it is attached to shelf that the machine will attach to and raise it into the sewing position when fully opened. You can’t see any of the mechanisms from the outside as it’s all enclosed within a wooden case (very inconvenient) but it sure is pretty to look at.

Not sure if there is a locking pin or something that needs to be removed or is the chain or another mechanism rusted in place?

Any suggestions?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]594113[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]594114[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]594115[/ATTACH]

I found this in my search and looks really close to what I have.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]594116[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20180505_164702.jpg   20180505_164744.jpg   sewing-cabinet-minnesota-model-c.jpg  
Attached Files