Old 05-08-2018, 07:39 AM
NoleFan

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
Not quite as far south as you indicated, but have you been to Rainbow's End in Dunedin? (http://www.rainbowsendquiltshoppe.com/about) Wonderful selection! Parking can be a bit of an issue, but they allow you to park behind their cars (on the back side of the shop) or the owner of the restaurant across the street (Lobster somthing) allows parking during slower times. Don't think about parking in the spaces at the little store across the street, possibly a blinds shop - owner will run out and yell at you.

I don't care for Cotton Patch in the University Park section of Sarasota. It used to be on 41 S (Tamiami Trail), but they moved and it's never been the same.

Will follow thread as we have a condo on AMI and now that I am retired, I finally get to go down at least once a year.
I LOVE Rainbow's End. My DB & SIL use to live in Largo and I would always have to stop to shop. And yes, you're right, the parking is a challenge. The first time I went there, I sat for 15 minutes waiting for a spot to open....I didn't know about double parking in the back. My friend (that I'm doing this road trip with) is going to AMI in a month or so, for a weeks visit. I'll have to tell her about Cotton Patch...bus she's probably already mapped out every quilt store she'll be near. LOL