View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 01:28 PM
PamelaOry

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
You said your mother asked you "Can you do anything with this top?"

This is not meant to be disrespectful - but there is no law against folding it up and putting it back in a box (with acid free paper, if you want to preserve it) for now. It might look more appealing in a year or two.

If this had not been your Grandmother's, what would you do with it?

Does your Mother have feelings about it? Would she like to work on it?
great questions!

My feeling is no one in the family wanted it, they didn’t know what to do with it, so they decided to give it to me since I’m the one who has expressed an interest in quilting.

I would still value value it even if it hadn’t been my grandmothers just because I value sewing, especially hand work but I wouldn’t feel as obligated to fix it.

I really think everyone in my family viewed it as a problem to be solved. Giving it to me solved their problem. Lol, I suspect I will never hear it mentioned again unless I bring it up.

at this point my motivation rests entirely in my desire to connect with my heritage and my grandmother around our common interest in quilting. Maybe I will put it up for a while and see if improving my quilting skills changes how difficult it feels to tackle. Right now it just feels overwhelming.