View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 06:42 PM
ninab

Default Another newbie to the board and quilting

For my day job, i have really odd (and very long) hours working from home. I'm 55, single, and don't "get out much" because I really don't know many people in my area since I've worked from home for 10 years, and before that, traveled 75% of the time for work.

Kids are grown, it's just me & the cat. Because of a recent family situation causing me unholy stress, a coworker suggested I start learning to quilt as a relief from a high stress job & family situation. I haven't sewn in years, always wanted to learn quilting, so I thought "Hmmm, OK!"

That was in February, and I just completed my 1st quilt last night!!!!

Trying to find quilt classes locally, but they're always during the day. Some of us have to work and can't get to the store before 5 p.m. My first quilt was the Missiouri Star using MODA Mama's Cottage fabric. On Saturday mornings, I DVR every quilt show and watch them through the week. Fons & Porter, Eleanor Burns, and Nancy Z have taught me quite a lot! (unfortunately, some of it learned too late... lol)

My next quilt is going to be a Pineapple Quilt (Free) for my daughter's birthday in July.
http://www.ilovetomakequilts.com/201...sew-along.html

Excited to start learning more!

nina