View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 07:49 AM
Macybaby

I've got something to look forward to - no idea what it is thought . . .

my husband almost managed to fully surprise me for my Birthday. He made a trip into Sioux Falls yesterday while I was at work, and he did tell me on the offside that he went. He said he needed some supplies for the chicken yard, and told me he stopped off at a few other places too. Not a big deal, though normally we plan those trips for the weekend when we can both go. It's 60 miles away.

Then today we were talking about how before I got my new car and DH got my old one, he never wanted to make the trip if I was not home because of the poor gas mileage the truck gets. So I said, I bet if you didn't have the car you would not have gone yesterday. And he gets a sheepish look and says "I'd have gone anyway, you do have a birthday coming up after all"

I told him to stop right there and not tell me any more! He just can not keep a secret if he gets me a surprise. I have no idea what he might have gotten, I've not been talking about anything in particular that I've been wanting to get. He is so bad about this, I can think of only one or two times in over 35 years he's managed to actually surprise me with something. I also have to make sure not to say "I wonder what you got" as he'll start hinting and give it away.

If he had not said anything, I'd have been totally surprised and I thought the trip we are planning to the quilt show in mid June was for my Bday. The chicks we just got are for Mother's Day (told the kids Dad made me a mommy again for Mother's Day LOL!!)

Last edited by Macybaby; 05-10-2018 at 07:52 AM.