View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 06:15 PM
nana2

Well, here I am a quilter and I just threw out the most gosh ugly quilt I ever saw. It was made by my husband's mother who is not know for her sewing skills or decorating. It's not in the trash, it's in the garage to be used to cover some of our plants during the rare frosts which can happen in our gulf coast area. For TEN YEARS, it stayed in my cedar chest and I did have to reach the point of needing room for other things. Since she does love quilts my granddaughter and I made a quilt for her, and recently when we spent a week with her we made another quilt for her. She was so very happy to have her great granddaughter working with her on a quilt. The granddaughter even showed/taught her how to match seams and sew a 1/4 inch seam. She was not insulted and even took her turn at the sewing machine and she did follow her great granddaughter's instructions. She is very proud of these quilts and never fails to metion how she has kept one on her bed and sleeps under it at night. Thank goodness she has never asked about the quilt we just sent to the garage.