Old 05-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Vandamme

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
i recently made one with 2 1/2 inch squares. the seam allowances were fine. it fit my 16 inch pillow form. if for some reason your's is too tight, you can add a skinny border around you pillow top. Good luck.
That's beautiful! That's exactly what we're trying to do but with 4-inch 4,5" squares really. I guess don't get a fat pillowform. and you had two 16-inch panels? or were they smaller once you sewed them together? I'd be interested to know since it's basically the exact same thing we're trying to do! THanks for sharing that beautiful picture. I think I'm a couple of weeks away from being able to share our work.

as you can see there are so many issues below. The edges aren't serged...the squares weren't sewn straight, some squares that were too small were included anyway. I'd like to establish the proper patchwork techniques here and teach them to tailors so taht they can offer that in their arsenal in terms of products they can make and sell. So it would be a skill for them to end up earning money from. That was the original idea behind making the pillowcases, was bringing a new technique into town.
Attached Thumbnails img_6350.jpg   hipstamaticphoto-546782392.553280.jpg   670ba04b-95eb-48be-b903-4eac6ba3d0c6.jpg  

Last edited by Vandamme; 05-12-2018 at 12:34 PM.