Old 05-14-2018, 03:03 AM
moonrise

When I was a kid, my dad happened to make a comment that chili wasn't good in the summer. I misunderstood, and thought he meant that the chili was somehow "bad", and that it would make you sick if you ate any during hot weather. LOL!

There's a bridge in Chattanooga called the Olgiati Bridge. I'd never seen the name written out on paper, so for years I thought it was the "Ol' Johnny Bridge". I was probably 20 or 21 years old before I knew the real name. Wonder how many people secretly giggled because of me saying it wrong.

I was told the same thing about watermelon seeds ... that if you swallowed one, you'd have a watermelon plant growing in your belly!

I remember when a childhood friend accidentally swallowed a coin. I immediately burst into tears when my mom told me, because I was totally convinced he was going to die. (He was fine.)

Popping my knuckles would make them big. (It didn't.)

If my ear itched, it meant someone was talking about me. If my palm itched, I was going to get some money. I don't know if the former was true, but I'm still waiting on my Itchy Palm Money! ha ha

For some reason, I thought when I turned 27 years old, I'd know everything there was to know in the universe. Um ... I passed 27 ages ago, and I'm still waiting on the Knowledge Thing to happen.

And the biggest one of all: When I'm an adult, I'll be able to do anything I want! Yeah, right! We all know how that goes!