View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 03:54 AM
maudeflanagan

I have a Juki TL-2200 QVP mini. It's the latest in the TL series, and I love it. It's a workhorse and I wouldn't trade it for any other machine. One difference between mine and the 2000 is the pre-tensioner which I'm not sure if it's a deal breaker between the 2000 and the 2010/2200. I think it's pretty unanimous that people who own a machine from this line absolutely love it. I can't recall anyone saying bad things about them. I picked up my machine used on eBay for $600+shipping. There were some feet that were missing and it had only been used for about 3 months.

I don't have experience with the Brother machine, but I think it's loved as well. The major difference besides price is the Brother doesn't have a speed adjustment. Everything is done with the foot pedal. The Juki has a speed slider and I can set it to low and no matter how much I press the pedal, it will only go slow. To me, this was an important feature. The Juki extension table is also larger.

You may want to look into these machines used as well. I feel like any of the Juki TL or Brother 1500 series will suit what you need.