Old 05-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Teen

Welcome to the board and quilting! Pretty fabric and the selections blend beautifully...so you've got an eye for color. The patterns you've selected look more advanced than a beginner but go for it. I did the same with my first quilt and learned a lot in the process. When you approach the clamshell quilt pattern, you may want to YouTube some tutorials on curved piecing. That can be helpful and maybe provide an alternate technique then the book for you to chose what best works for you. I recommend you attempt to do a block or sample of each quilt pattern using spare fabric just to see if it is what you are able to do easily without getting frustrated. We don't want you to give up and turn away from quilting because you may chose a pattern beyond your ability...you know what I mean?

I do not pre-wash my fabric. It is a personal preference. I do, however, wash the completed quilt once before gifting. When you get ready to do that step, come back to the board for suggestions and recommendations.

good luck and share your results. Have fun and ask for help if needed.... So many talented people here...